November 6, 2009
Red pepper salsa:
- 1 red pepper (finely diced)
- 1 garlic cloves, (finely chopped)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Some lemon juice
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add everything together in a bowl and mix well and set aside for 10 mins.
Ingredients for frittata:
- A bowl of leftover roast vegetable
- 2 Eggs (beaten and lightly season with salt and pepper)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 gloves of garlic (sliced)
Add garlic to the pan and cook for 2-3 mins, add the roast vegetable and heat it for about 5 mins.
Pour the beaten eggs over the vegetable and stir gently over a low heat for few mins until egg mixture starting to set. Remove everything from the pan and flatten it to an ovenproof dish. Put it in the oven and grill for 4-5 mins until the top layer of the vegetable starting to brown.
Serve the frittata with red pepper salsa and garnish with young cress seedlings.