February 15, 2010
I think the fragrance of the almond extract compliment nicely with soy milk. You can get the ready mix packages from the shop but it is quite simple to make from just some basic ingredients.
What you need:
- Approximate 900ml sweetened soy milk
- 2 tbsp almond extract or essence (more or less to suit your preferences)
- 4 tbsp sugar (or according to your preferences)
- 10g of plain agar-agar (pre-soak for 20 mins) or 2 tsp of plain agar-agar powder
- some slice peaches for decoration
Slowly heat soy milk and add the almond extract and sugar, stir to dissolve. Bring to boil. Add agar-agar and stir well until dissolved. Pour into a square container or mould. Leave to cool until set and refrigerate in the fridge.
Cut to diamond shapes and serve with fruits.